Thursday, August 22, 2013



The Pad
We just finished being at the mall with the zone leaders, and we took pictures in a Photo booth. Yesterday, we played basketball and Volleyball for like 3 hours. It was crazy, but fun. And Sam and dad would be proud to hear that I have finally decided to learn how to play basketball. I am tired of being the sucky one. 

So people have been freaking out because there was supposed to be a huge hurricane and people were telling us we had to be safe and not go out, but the locals were like "Nah, it is no big deal". So we were kind of nervous wondering what was going to happen. The sky got really dark all day and then it dumped for an hour and then it was gone. Some Hurricane! I am glad I lived through it. So that wasn't very fun; the elders were really sad that nothing crazy happened. We were all hoping to be able to do some service.

I also learned a little more Ukulele yesterday but I cannot play on mine because apparently my tuner broke, and I cannot get it to sound right, so I am really sad. But I can play "You Are My Sunshine" and that is pretty cool.
Sisters.  Amy's companion, Sister Marshall, is
 next to her on her left.

We have some investigators who are doing really well, and they just need to figure out what they want and stop letting Satan cause problems for them. We had a really great lesson with a lady named Toni. We showed her the Restoration video and she bore her testimony after. She was saying how she knows that the church is true and that nothing makes more sense. She grew up Catholic and never felt that it was true or a really good foundation for her, and she said that this church makes her feel right. I was so close to crying, she had such a beautiful testimony. She wants to get baptized with her whole family, so we are going to send missionaries to her husband in California, and when he comes back in 30 days we are going to get them baptized-hopefully. 

I  think that we are going to baptize at least one person this transfer so that will be cool. His name is Mark and he is really nice. We asked him to read at least one chapter of the Book of  Mormon and he is already in Mosiah now, He is pretty Golden. And I guess I am still the Jew,
but we have not talked to those guys in a while.
Anyways all is well, I am alive.

Love you all
Sister Hoskins 

No comments:

Post a Comment