Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Maybe she really did "kill" her
companion...
Aloha Everyone!
 My companion is Sister Robertson. She is Samoan and we came out together, so she has been out 6 months. Can you believe that I have been out 6 months? Pretty cool! She just turned 20, and she is from California, by Compto,n so she lives in really big gang areas. It totally sucked to kill my companion,
(This just means that she was her last companion before she went home) and I hope that I never have to do it EVER again. It was so sad. I didn't realize how good of a friend she was. I really loved her and will miss her a lot. 

The hardest thing about this week was taking over the area. STRESSFUL!! I am in charge of everything, and have to do everything by myself. I have to plan the day and lessons because she doesn't know anyone. I just feel a lot of pressure, I want to make sure I go to the right places and talk to the right people. Our numbers were really low this week, and it made me nervous because I don't want to be a failure.  I know the Lord will help me, but it still has been really stressful. I was reading about Mormon and how he led his armies at 16, a
nd I imagine I feel a little bit like him...totally over my head! I got a blessing that said I would be able to do it, so I am trying to trust God, but it is a lot harder than it sounds...

But other than that I LOVE my ward so much. I am learning to love all of them. And I feel like they love me too! I have had so much fun at our dinners lately! I want to be here for Christmas so I can be with people that I love.

 We also had a really good lesson with an investigator this week. We taught her the restoration and she understood everything really well. We watched the Restoration DVD and she got a little teary-eyed. She told us that "I liked that movie...actually I liked it a lot! It really touched my heart." It was really cool. She also said that she sees baptism in her future! So hopefully we will get to teach her a lot and get her dunked! And Sunday was good because M got read into the ward. He will probably get the Priesthood in the next few weeks! 

This week should be better. We have our mission tour this week: that is when a member of the 70 General Authorities of the Church comes and helps train us. So that is on Wednesday, and it will be fun. I love when we get training from people higher up than our district leaders. Today for P-day we are going to hang out at a beach park and do nothing, so that will be fun. And there are rumors going around that we are getting I-pads at the beginning of next year. So that will be cool. We are still having to tract and do all the normal stuff, so we will see if it changes.  Anyway, I love you all.  If you leave the church I will kill you. Stay happy and healthy.


Love, Sis. Hoskins
Just a pretty picture of a hike that almost
killed Sister Hoskins, apparently.


No comments:

Post a Comment