Monday, May 6, 2013

Halona Blowhole Hawaii
Halona Blow Hole Rock
Hello Everyone!
                So the beginning of this week started out with me going to the Temple. It was pretty awesome. The drive up there is AMAZING!! We ate at this cool taco shack afterwards.



Amy's district at the Laie, HI temple

 I also got to go out of zone with 2 sisters and we got to go along the other side of Oahu, and that was really cool. I got to see blow-hole rock. Oh, and another exciting thing is that I got a serious sunburn. It hurt really bad! Plus I had 7 mosquito bites along with it, so it was just lovely. But it was funny-we drove around for an hour trying to find aloe.  You would think they would have some in Hawaii…not so much. I officially HATE mosquitos  I got 7 bites in 1 hour. It was horrible. But the magic cream of goodness (the Benadryl stuff) really helped a lot. I thought I lost it one day and I almost cried. 

Our area is super rich and prideful so it is really hard to go tracting. But this was the first week I literally got a door slammed in my face. I also figured out that I do not like exchanges. They are not fun that was the most unproductive day of the week. I really like my companion.  We have had so much fun. On our search for Aloe we  got ice cream and sang songs into our ice cream microphones. 

This week I also got flirted with by a guy with no teeth.  He looked into my eyes and was like “Girl! Are you wearing contacts or are your eyes just that beautiful all the time?” And then we saw him again and he said “Girl, make sure you never change those eyes.” It was pretty much hilarious. He was CREEPY. And then we talked to this other guy, and after we said a prayer he was like “Wow you two girls are so beautiful”. So apparently we glow with beauty. I have also been told how I look 14, and that I am really white. That is how I got sunburned. I wanted to get more tan, and we all know how well that worked out.

                Well on the missionary side of things, we had a few miracles. One was, we were going around these apartments and we usually cannot get into them because they have gates, but this one we tried the door and it opened!  Some guy very rudely asked us how we got in and we said the door was unlocked. And walking away, I said-not to him by the way (that would be un-Christlike) “Too bad God is more powerful than your little lock.” And we went back down and tried it again and it was locked. So yeah, Heavenly Father wanted us there that day.  We also committed 2 of our investigators to baptism for June, so keep them in your prayers that they will follow through.
              I was so excited to see the prom pictures. I showed the Elder next to me, I was like “Look! My brother went to Prom!” And he looked at me like I was stupid. Well, too bad for him missing out on the awesomeness. Also, I was wondering if maybe you could videotape an interview with Grandma. It doesn't have to be long. 

I Love you all, thanks for your support
Send me real mail in the middle of the week please.
Love you
Sister Hoskins

Amy sent us some pictures.  Here are some of them:
Charlie and his sister-the first people she gave a Book of Mormon to.

This was the view she woke up to the first morning in Hawaii.

The Tabernacle.  She spends a lot of time there.

She said before she left that she wanted to wear a Mormon Helping Hands T-shirt just once.  This was the first weekend she was there.

Her study table

The view from her study table.

No comments:

Post a Comment