Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Well today was stinking awesome! We went and hiked Manoa Falls. It was so awesome because it was pouring rain! We got SOO wet! I felt like I was in Jurassic Park or something. It was thick jungle all around us, and we were trekking through mud. My legs were all muddy. I was almost Polynesian!  It was so fun because we were climbing all over slippery rocks, and I was usually in front (I know WEIRD!). It was so wet that it was like being in the shower with your clothes on.  And next week we are hiking Koko Head and that makes the incline look like Candy Land. So I don't really know how I am going to get out of that one....



Manoa
Falls-not Amy's picture



The trail to Manoa Falls-again, not Amy's picture


.I had a blast talking to everyone yesterday, but it was way too short. Make sure you keep sending letters. First of all that picture of Sam is hilarious! Did you know that my companion has a little brother named Sam? We figured out that they need to be friends now because they would both rather play basketball than go to school. Yeah, so I have been playing basketball with the Elders and it is really fun. They stopped treating me like I was fragile.They still let me shoot the ball whenever I have it, though...I don't really care, more points for me! 
So it turns out that 1 of the elders in my zone played for BYU football. His name is Elder Prichard. Does anyone recognize that name? Also I figured out that one of them played rugby for college so that does not help my fear of playing with them. And Elder Ewar Knows Thomas Allred (Millie's brother-in-law), which is awesome! He came up to me and asked me if I knew him. 
On the missionary work side it has been ok. We met a guy who works for Hawaii 5-O, so that was pretty cool. And a lady in out ward is really good friends with Bill Cosby, and we might have talked her into sending him a Book of Mormon! (I told her if she wanted someone to write their testimony in it I would volunteer). Apparently he told her that BYU Idaho was really different and that the feeling there was really special! Pretty Awesome!
And our investigators came to church and we have another appointment with them! I love them. I wish we could talk to them everyday. I honestly think that the Lord has prepared them to receive the gospel. And they said that they would be baptized if they learned that our message is true. And our Japanese investigator apparently watched the restoration video 2 times so that is a good sign. I learn more and more every day about how true this church is. How could 20 year old people do this everyday if it wasn't?
 And you all should pray that I don't gain a million pounds. We went to dinner last night and they just kept commanding me to get more food. They didn't ask me nicely or anything they just looked me in the eye and said "Go get more food". So yeah, sorry If I come home looking like Santa. 
I also got to go to Pearl Harbor and do service, we swept the inside of the USS Missouri. That is the ship that Japan surrendered on and it ended World War 2. It was awesome. A lot of people that came were not even American, so they didn't really care. I was the only one who really thought that it was cool. I was getting all patriotic. I was proud to be somewhere with so much history. I thought it was hecka awesome!

Amy at the USS Missouri

I also think that out of all the things I said yesterday, I forgot to say Happy Mothers Day. so HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! To my Mom and my Grandmas! Plus everyone else! These women have changed my life and made me who I am today. I do not know what or who I would be without them. The Lord has Truly blessed me with amazing women how are such great examples. 
Mahalo 
Sister Hoskins

No comments:

Post a Comment