Saturday, July 13, 2013

Aloha everyone.

 I hope everything is going good, I miss you all so much. I hit my 4 month mark in 2 days, and that is crazy cuz that is longer than a semester. And it is unbelievable because I made it without having a mental breakdown cuz I can't call you everyday! God is for sure a God of miracles! 
One miracle is that Amy made it to the top of the
 "Mountain of Death".  This is the view from the top.

So the "Phillip" dude thing didn't work out. We got out late of a member meal and we missed him and he didn't come back. It was sad :(. I hope he wants to come back. We are still having a hard time filling our time with meaningful activities. We don't get any referrals from the ward. Nobody is really progressing right now...cough...cough the Word of Wisdom!! I just wish cigarettes were never invented, they are Satan's candy. If not for them, we would probably have 2 baptisms. 

But we did have a great 4th of July.  We invited Bill Crawley to the ward party and he and his family came. It was awesome, and we are probably going to continue teaching them on Friday. If he doesn't get baptized, I still love them.  They are so awesome. We had a huge ward party! There were at least 200 people there and a lot of them were non-members. So by the end I was exhausted and sun-burnt. But another cool story about that was we were trying to find one of our members and we ended up running into Marie, and we invited her to the 4th of July Picnic.  We didn't think much about it, but it was so awesome because she came. She came with some member friends she has that live on the Big Island. And she practically begged them to take her to church, and she came yesterday! It was way cool-so we have a new investigator...that hopefully doesn't smoke.

And the fun did not end there. So on the 4th, we can either be in our apartments by 5 or with the whole zone. So the whole zone got together, and we went and talked at a park for a while, then someone told us that McDonald's was  selling Big Macs for 99 cents until 7, and it was 6:30 or so, so we all got in our cars and ran to McDonald's just in time. So we sat there eating, and one Elder had 3, and he didn't notice how that is just about 2000 calories. It was pretty funny. After that, we walked to this park and ate a whole bunch more junk food and watched the fireworks. It was way fun! The fireworks were ok, but I have seen better. And then after that we went over to the church parking lot and some Elders got out some kerosene and did some fire dancing! It was really cool! They are all pretty trained at it, so it was really entertaining.One Elder even did the fire blowing thing and he put kerosene in his mouth...he is crazy. He is the one from Chuk. 

So transfers are coming up soon. I think I will stay here, I kinda don't want to just because of how hard the area is. And if I am here one more transfer, I will probably be here for many more transfers. I like it here because I love the ward. That is also one reason why I want to leave-so I don't get too comfortable. It is awesome because people here are really starting to like me. I wish I could be with them all day instead of getting doors slammed in my face. I guess they are my reward. Yesterday one of the deaf ladies gave me this vest because it was to small for her and then she did the sign for "I Love You". They are all so awesome. Even the young women come up and give me hugs. I walk into Sacrament and tons of people say "Hi". I also like this ward because it is at 11:30, so all of the tourists come to it, and it is fun to meet new people. 

Amy's Awesome Ukulele
Anyway, you have not answered my questions, Where are Porter and Meysha going on their honeymoon? Do you want me to get those Leis? Could you send me the picture of the drawing Sam and Katie got at the prom? 

I guess I am a little bit down today, but I am trying to have faith that the Lord has a perfect plan for me. I am trying to be happy no matter where I am. I guess some days will just be harder than others. I miss you all. I hope I can make everyone proud. Your support really helps make me stronger. 

Love, Sister Hoskins


After a zone Silly String Fight...


No comments:

Post a Comment