Friday, September 6, 2013



Hello everyone,

First of all I wanted to say that we are at our members house emailing and the girls are really cute, and it made me happy because they are watching the Bible Videos on the I-pad! I was so happy!  I was like, "My brother made that App!"  It made me all proud. 

This week was okay.  Nothing really amazing happened. Being on a mission is definitely the hardest thing I have  ever done. I am trying to be stronger. It is just hard when people are not really listening. Plus, we had 2 exchanges this week, and I do not really like those. My companion is a Sister Trainer, so she goes to everyone else's area and I have to try to figure out what to do there...which is hard. But it works out OK, and there will be 2 more this week. Anyway,Toni did not come to church. We only had one at church. Mark wants to wait to be baptized in April. These people we were teaching before I even got here. We have not really found anyone new. We have a couple of potentials that we found during a Zone Flood. 

This is the fish she caught last week.
Her dad was teasing her about the
not so impressive size.
We went fishing again today with the zone leaders and caught 3 fish in the first hour and then nothing after that. I did not think that my fish from a few weeks ago was very impressive. It was tiny, but it was legit because it is a tropical fish. The guy next to us today caught a really big fish and a puffer fish. While we were waiting for the fish to bite, I taught everyone how to dance the Hoedown Throwdown-that was pretty fun. 

I am not improving in basketball because we hardly play it. I liked playing volleyball, I have yet to become very good at that game. I still think that rugby is annoying.  There is no way I can run fast enough to get past everyone. We have 2 Polynesian elders in our zone. They are really good and the rest of us stink. One of the Elders was in my first zone, so I have seen how good he is. 

So it is really funny because there are 3 cars here that are really popular and I see them a lot: Previas, Tercels, and Lexus ES 300s.  It is not because they are all our cars, they really are everywhere, especially in Honolulu. 
One of Kailua's main roads

I hope everything goes well for the wedding, I just don't even know what to think it has not hit me yet. It might not for a while...Oh, and do you know what is crazy? I hit my 5 month mark on Saturday! Strange eh? It felt like 5 months but didn't at the same time. I have been out longer than a semester at college. Please tell me as much as you can about the wedding, I want to be able to envision it as much as possible. 

Well, if you want something spiritual you should read Alma 26, it has really helped me. I do know that this church is true and I hope all of you remember that.  We would be so miserable without it. Take it from me, I have seen people who had the gospel and then the threw it away for stupid things like party life and because they were offended. Do not do that-it isn't even close to worth it. 
Good Luck with everything, I love you all.

Love, Me

P.S I am actually kinda jealous of Meshya because she gets to be Sister Hoskins, and I will lose that name someday. I pass the torch to you Meysha.  Take good care of it! It is the best name ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment