Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Well,this week has been hard. It has been good, but really trying. I have a new companion from Highland, Utah. Her name is Sister Rowley. She is a Visitors Center sister so she gets to come out for 2 or 3 transfers. We are getting along pretty well. It is awesome because she loves movies and plays as much as I do! So we have a lot of fun quoting those.
  
We might have a Baptism this Saturday with Rio. So hopefully that one will happen. Since we switched companions, we have gotten 3 new investigators, so that is super awesome.

CHOKE Food (Choke means a lot)
Yes, I am still sick of eating. You know those lasagna pans? Well last night we had a ward fireside, and they filled up an entire one of those with dessert and musubi(Spam sushi)! They were even about to give us a whole pie! It is insane! We have to throw away so much food (or give it to the Elders)! So yeah, I am going to be straight up fat when I get back!
A "death pile of food".

 And it is pretty awesome because last transfer we were the only Sisters in our zone. And now there are 6 of us!! It is pretty cool. And this last district meeting we had a silly string fight, it was awesome! We have not really gone to morning exercise yet because they play rugby and we would rather get 30 more minutes of sleep and exercise at home. She doesn't really care for rugby either! It makes me so happy! 

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND DAD!!! And HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!! I sent you a package today so I hope you will like everything. I am so excited that Porter is getting married. It is kinda annoying when nobody else here feels my excitement. 

Today we had a lesson with a lady and she brought us breakfast, which is funny.  A lot of people here think that they need to provide us with a huge meal. Sister Clayson and I tracted into her son, and we got in contact with her and she came to the lesson today.  We found out that other missionaries put her husband as a "potential"! So that was crazy we are pretty sure that the Lord has been working on that family. Today I also got "Da Jesus Book" it is the New testament in Pidgin(Hawaiian slang). It is just about the funniest thing EVER! I might also learn how to play the Ukulele so I am excited for that.

I am doing my best to make sure that I trust my Heavenly Father. I know that this was not supposed to be easy, so I will keep moving forward. I really love this church and I understand the amazing power it has to change us.

I love you all very much.
Have a great week

Love Sister Hoskins

No comments:

Post a Comment