Monday, June 10, 2013

YAY!!! I got a lot of letters!!! I am so happy!!! Thanks so much to everyone who wrote me! I just feel so loved today so thank you all! 

First and foremost I want you to be informed that I might die soon from some rare disease because the mosquitoes LOVE me!! You wouldn't even believe what I go through with them. Within two days I got about 30 mosquito bites!!! I was in so much pain I wanted to cry! I had mosquito pox! I tried to take a picture but It didn't turn out. I had one the width of a golf ball! So yeah...that's fun. My companion told me not to think about them and they stopped biting me so much.

 Also, I almost got eaten by a dog! We were knocking this door and I saw this dog and it was walking toward us, and I thought that it was just going to be nice, but it leaped over the gate and almost grabbed my arm. But my wonderful companion saved my life and moved me out of the way. And now I have this stupid fear of dogs and my heart stops when I hear a bark. And I have issues walking up to a house that has the BEWARE OF DOG sign, which is all of them. You should get one of those, because people will really rethink breaking in to your house (not that I am breaking in to peoples houses or anything), but don't worry I will get over it. 

Saying goodbye to creepy sea monkeys
We also let our sea monkeys go this week. We got some and we were all excited and then they got bigger and started to really freak us out so we put them in the ocean and we even had two that were stuck together.  It was really weird! 

So this week has been crazy. People freak out about transfers! There are tons of rumors that go around. We thought that we were going to stay together, but we walked into our house one day and there was a training packet for Sister Clayson, which means she is going to be training someone else. I won't be, which is wonderful. But she will be going to the Big Island and I will be staying in Kahala. I am excited because now I am in charge, but that makes me really nervous too because I really need to be close to the spirit so I know what to do. We might have a few new investigators from when the Elders came and tracted our area. We will see how that goes.

The homesickness is getting much better! I am starting to understand my purpose here and what the Lord needs from me. I love my Heavenly Father and this Church! It is so hard to be away, but I am actually helping people and becoming someone. I feel like I am growing everyday, and when I look in the mirror I am starting to like what I see! I have especially learned how to be positive and see the good in myself. The fact that Heavenly Father sent me to this really hard area shows that I must be something good if he can trust me like this. I am grateful that the Lord loves me and I know that as hard as this is, he will help me. And it looks like we might have a baptism in June! He just needs to have the faith to stop smoking! 

I love you all, I hope everything is going well.  Thanks for being so supportive! 

Playing Rugby

Love,
 
Sister Hoskins

P.S They have been testing the Tsunami Alarms today it is really SCARY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment